Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Later today I'll be going to the assisted living/memory care facility with a friend to have Easter lunch with my parents. Since my parents moved out of their home a few years ago holidays have changed vastly. I have five siblings and used to see them and their children most holidays. I rarely see them on holidays now. Big changes in life. I was never big on holidays before but now I miss the tradition of being with my family. Mom's cooking. Ham, potato salad, rolls. What are you doing today?





I did not finish the book, Antiques Roadkill, I mentioned in the previous post. It just didn't keep my interest and the tie in to 'vintage' just wasn't strong enough for me. I'm now reading The Language Of Flowers which I am enjoying although it is long and a bit slow. I am enjoying the tie in to the meanings of flowers and other plants.


I went thrifting yesterday and bought a ton of stuff. Our new weigh and pay was having 50% off of the regular rate which is $1.29. So yesterday was only 65 cents a pound. I find I take a lot more chances on questionable things when it is so cheap. I bought a couple of items I probably never would have purchased and am glad I did. They have sold previously (for other people) for a decent profit. The two items are fax paper and ribbon for I think a word processor or typewriter. Recently the ribbon cassettes sold for $31 for 2. I purchased 3 of them for less than a dollar. I love this weigh and pay. It seems like it has not been discovered by other resellers much. It's never chaotic or busy. Yesterday I was there for a couple of hours. At any one time there were probably 10 to 15 people in the store. Nothing like the Goodwill weigh and pays I read about. I love it!! I'm hoping it remains my own private hidey hole.




Hope your sales have been hopping :)




6 comments:

  1. Thrifting by the pound, what a concept! We don't have that here in Northern CA.
    Have a hoppy holiday ~
    www.thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a happy holiday too Tami. Thanks for the link to your blog. I'll check it out!

      Delete
  2. The ribbon looks like the one I have in my antique dot matrix printer. They dry out, so I succumbed to buying an inkjet. I can imagine people looking for them on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh. Thanks for the info. I was hoping they would sell right away but I guess there probably aren't a ton of people who need them.

      Delete
  3. You're lucky you have a goodwill outlet by you. We don't have any here in Chicago. There is one in Indiana about 45 minutes from me...it's still one I'd like to eventually go to and try out. Glad you have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weigh and pay by me isn't a Goodwill. I'm glad because those sound CRAZY and a bit scary. Ours is a Bethesda Lutheran Thrift. It just changed to a weigh and pay last fall. It's never crazy busy. I'm not sure why…If you're ever up in the Racine area check it out!!

      Delete