Sunday, July 20, 2014

Where Oh Where Is That Link

I was going to create a sale in my store this morning and can't find the 'Manage My Store' link anywhere. It seems to have disappeared. Anyone else having this problem? The link is back! They must be reading my blog ;)

I've noticed a slight increase in sales activity this week. Several messages with questions or offers. I blocked someone this week from buying from me because she asked too many picky questions about a $10 item. I'm just too paranoid about defects to deal with people who seem like they might leave one. She only had 10 feedback as well. Normally I'm not this paranoid but the new defect rating has me looking over my shoulder a little more.

I'm bored with my usual 'best sales this week' posts so I thought I'd post a few current listings that are interesting or relevant.

I wish I had found this sweater before the fourth of july and had it listed. Unfortunately it was in one of my unlisted bins…grrr. Believe it or not, this is a men's sweater! It's vintage from Monty Wards. Do they exist anymore? Can you see your soul mate in this maybe with a pair of white poly pants and white shoes?

I've got it listed for $29.99


I've also been trying to ferret out unlisted Halloween or Christmas inventory and get it listed. I found some doll sweaters I have and a couple of ceramic Christmas trees. No lights…These trees can go for big bucks in the larger sizes. I've sold a couple smaller sizes but not found any of the larger. You can also buy the lights on ebay so if you find a tree with some missing lights you can complete it and get more money. I've seen some people selling themed sports trees. They put in lights of that teams colors like a packer tree with green and gold lights. Here are the completed listings for the trees



How are things in your store this week? 


10 comments:

  1. Under My Ebay try Selling - Account - Manage Store - Markdown Manager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find it there either. Maybe ebay is doing some changes.

      Delete
  2. My Manage My Store link is on the top right above my store banner. I've been having problems with my Featured Items not appearing. I have to refresh the page a million times for them to show up. Sometimes they never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where my link was too, Lorraine. It disappeared today. I've also been having the same thing happen with the Featured Items.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That jacket is a blast from the past. That will definitely sell. My sales picked up this week. I also had two returns, though. Thankfully, they contacted me using the 'other' option rather than INAD. One, I'm certain was a scammer. The other I'm not sure about, but I blocked both after I refunded them, because like you, with the new defect rating, I find myself taking few chances. Lorraine blogged about not leaving feedback until after the buyer does, and I'm finding myself doing that more and more as well. I think we're all in self-preservation mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to leave feedback as soon as I saw the buyer had received their item using the USPS tracking. I stopped doing that a couple of weeks ago. I think my leaving feedback reminded people to leave it themselves and now I just don't think I want to do that. Not after a buyer left me positive feedback, said in the comment that my description was "perfect" and then gave me a 3 in description...Nice. She probably didn't even realize what she did.

      I'm glad your sales picked up this week too! Perhaps we're started on a steady incline through the holidays!! List list list. I made it to 850 this weekend. I want to make it to 1000 by September. It'll be a challenge.

      Delete
  4. Do you think that doll sweater would fit my cat--it's SO cute! I am trying to get back up to 850 listings this week since I have been not working on it lately. Good for you! I automatically leave pos. FB when the buyer pays. Not sure that is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda the sweater measures 6" from armpit to armpit. I think your cat would have to be thin and very patient :)

      Delete
  5. I bought one of those trees at a yard sale for $1 - it was a big one too, 18" tall - then I realized it had a bunch of chips in it, so I donated it - I'm thinking I still could have got money for it now!! oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of mine has some chips in it. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post called Don't Fear the Flaw….

      http://thirdhandshoppeblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/dont-fear-flaw.html

      It's just a matter of describing the flaws thoroughly.

      Delete