Friday, December 5, 2014

My Little Pony

I've seen these around the blogs and I always thought they were so pretty. This is the first I found. I was so excited. You know the adrenaline rush you get when you find a new treasure. It's a Swedish Dala Horse. It measures 6.5". Initial research shows there are fewer green ones than orange and red so hopefully that is good for the value. I don't think we have a very large scandinavian population where I live so I don't get to see a lot of the cool danish modern things that other thrifters find. The picture is bad because it was taken with a flash. I couldn't wait to show him to someone but I'll take better pics tomorrow with natural light before I list it. It was just $2.49.


Sales have been steady. I'm having a hard time keeping up with shipping the last couple of days because I have had some other things to do as well. I'm glad for the sales though. I had my second Etsy sale yesterday. 

Edited to add: The dala horse sold for 39.99 on etsy!

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I haven't come across much MCM Scandinavian stuff down here in Alabama either. I think the snowbirds sell it all up north before moving here permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine they're not unloading it in my northern location LOL. I wish they would!

      Delete