Friday, December 6, 2013
Reflections on Selling
Today while I was working I was thinking about the reasons I like to do what I do. Below are my top ten. Feel free to add yours in the comments.
1. If I want to stay up late one night, I don't have to suffer in the morning to get to work on time.
2. No alarm clocks necessary.
3. I live in Wisconsin where nice weather is hit or miss, especially in the winter. If it's a beautiful day I don't have to sit in an office staring wistfully out the window. I can decide at a moments notice to go do some work in the yard and enjoy the weather and soak up some sunlight.
4. I can have other responsibilities that I would not be able to assume if I had a 9 to 5 job.
5. I spend absolutely zero dollars on a 'work wardrobe'. There is no dress code here. In fact some days I start work before I've even brushed my teeth or hair! How's that for perks?
6. Like those in Mexico if I want a siesta after lunch...no problem!
7. If I want a glass of wine while I work...pop the cork.
8. Noone is breathing over my shoulder.
9. I can change things up whenever I want. "Brilliant" ideas don't have to be run by a boss. I can decide to start selling whatever strikes my fancy. If it doesn't work out I don't risk a bad review or potential raise. This allows the creative juices to flow freely.
10. NO PERFORMANCE REVIEWS!!
11. Thought of one more that can't be left out. I don't have to get up and scrape car windows and get in a cold car every morning of the winter. Woohoo!